Thanks to Mark Coppin for tonight’s free app suggestions.
There are several free apps today. Remember to download as soon as possible before they go back to paid.
He has also updated his app wheels. Take a look:
– App Wheel for ASD to version 3. Here is the link – http://bit.ly/ASDWheelV3
– App Wheel for Apps to Support a Successful Transition – http://bit.ly/TransitionWheel
Here are his free app suggestions:
Swype – https://appsto.re/i6BD9CW
ArtikPix Levels – https://appsto.re/i6BD8Qh
First Grade Math Greenbutton – https://appsto.re/i6Bj6rf
First Nouns – https://appsto.re/i6BD73s
FX Math Solver – https://appsto.re/i6Bj2Sz
Please Take My Picture – https://appsto.re/i6BD2rD
And here is a great tip to help limit the time a student can use an iDevice using the Clock App.
Setting A Locked Timer on the iPad that is Passcode Protected
Set Passcode lock on the iPad
Turn Passcode On -Set a passcode
Set a timer
• Open the Clock app
• Tap the Timer tab located at the bottom of the screen
• Set the timer for the amount time you would like student to have access to an app
• Select Timer Alarm button located below the timer circle
• Scroll to the bottom and select Stop Playing
• Select Set
• Select Start
• Give the student the iPad with the app you want them to use.
When the time is up, the iPad will automatically go to the lock screen. The student will not be able to use the iPad until a passcode is entered.
You can also use Siri to set the timer. As long as you have the alarm set for Stop Playing, all you have to do is tell Siri “set timer for 20 minutes” or whatever time you would like.
Here are today’s Free App suggestions from Mark Coppin.
Of special interest will be the scanning OCR app which with an iPad that has Siri will convert an image of text into editable text on the iPad. You can then use the text to speech option for students to listen to the text.
A few of these apps repeat from my earlier post but there are a few new ones here. Most are Early Learning Apps.
There are pop up activity apps, Strawberry Shortcake Bake Shop App, Shapes, Dress up, Math Slicer, Go Figure (math), Cut the Buttons, Stickers, Blocks, Bugs & Buttons, The Three Little Pigs, and the Animals of the Mossy Forest.
Tonights free apps include:
– magic Stickers animated stickers
-Night Zookeeper a creative drawing apps
– Spooky Letters
– a number maze
– Multiply Bingo, numerosity
– a few interactive books
– a few music apps including Rhythm Repeat, music Colour, Bass Cat
– a colouring book
– Saying Goodbye a social story app
– French Numbers For Kids
– learning letters apps
– and several more